Happy Friday everyone...just hours away from the Weekend.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  (that is how you spell it; I checked the Urban Dictionary.  I did not add an "h" i.e. Wheeeeee.  You are welcome.)

But seriously, I have a little problem this morning.  Recently a patron requested this item:

1: Enrique Domínguez-Muñoz J. Latest advances in chronic pancreatitis.
Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016 Sep;39 Suppl 1:87-92. doi:
10.1016/S0210-5705(16)30179-0. English, Spanish. PubMed PMID: 27888869.

It says right there English, Spanish.  Okay so far.  We ordered and received the title, and lo and behold it is actually entirely in Spanish.

The abstract above the full text is in English, but the article itself is in Spanish.  I thought that articles in languages other than English appeared in PubMed with their titles in square brackets and the notation "Article in (insert language)".

My patron also thought it was in English and I thought it would be in both languages.  Has anyone else run across this?  If I had known the text was in Spanish only, I would not have ordered it.

I don't think this is available in English at all after all.  But how would you verify this?

TGIF

Jannette

Jannette Bradley

Technology/Reference Librarian