Hi all,
I'm having problems with this search:

Females and increased dosage requirements (specific drugs: Humira, Cimzia, Enbrel, Simponi, Remicade, Rituximab, Kineret)
Interleukin receptor dosage difference between sexes. (IL-1 or IL-6)

I've been trying the following:
(adalimumab OR certolizumab OR etanercept OR golimumab OR infliximab OR rituximab OR anakinra OR interleukin-1 OR interleukin-6)
AND
(sex factors OR sex characteristics)

Other terms I've ANDed with the above:  treatment outcome, treatment failure, difference, administration and dosage, pharmacokinetics, dose-response relationship.
Most of the results I've gotten are studies  - percentage of females, or the increased rate of adverse effects in females, but nothing that discusses increasing the dosage.

I tried again using this article as a starting point:

Whitley H, Lindsey W. Sex-based differences in drug activity. Am Fam Physician. 2009 Dec 1;80(11):1254-8. PubMed PMID: 19961138.

The MeSH headings for that article are: Dose-Response Relationship, Drug; Drug Therapy; Female; Humans; Male; Pharmacokinetics; & Sex Factors.  That suggests to me that I'm in the vicinity of the headings I should be using.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Madeleine

Madeleine M. Taylor, MLS, MA
Medical Librarian | Health Sciences Library
St. Joseph's Health
703 Main St.
Paterson, NJ 07503
973-754-3590 | Fax 973-754-3593
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.stjosephshealth.org<http://www.stjosephshealth.org/>

*** Important Notice About St. Josephs emails ***
St. Josephs Regional Medical Center is using Zix to encrypt any e-mails containing Protected Health Information (PHI).  If you receive an encrypted email from a person at St. Josephs the body of the message will indicate that you have a "New Zixcorp secure email from St. Josephs Regional Medical Center."  You will need to click on the link in that email to retrieve the message.  For more information please visit http://www.uapguide.com/st-josephs-hospital-and-regional-medical-center/introduction.  For help in retrieving a secure email that youÂ’ve received from St Josephs please go to http://www.uapguide.com/st-josephs-hospital-and-regional-medical-center/receiving-encrypted-email.

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION
THIS TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND CONTAINS INFORMATION THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE DELETE THE EMAIL AND CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY. THIS INFORMATION MAY HAVE BEEN DISCLOSED TO YOU FROM CONFIDENTIAL RECORDS AND MAY BE PROTECTED BY FEDERAL AND STATE LAW. THIS INFORMATION MAY INCLUDE CONFIDENTIAL MENTAL HEALTH, SUBSTANCE ABUSE, ALCOHOL ABUSE AND/OR HIV-RELATED INFORMATION. FEDERAL AND STATE LAW PROHIBITS YOU FROM MAKING ANY FURTHER DISCLOSURE OF THIS INFORMATION WITHOUT THE SPECIFIC WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT PERTAINS, OR AS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW. ANY UNAUTHORIZED FURTHER DISCLOSURE IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW MAY RESULT IN A FINE OR JAIL SENTENCE OR BOTH. A GENERAL AUTHORIZATION FOR THE RELEASE OF THIS INFORMATION MAY NOT BE SUFFICIENT AUTHORIZATION FOR FURTHER DISCLOSURE.