Hello all,

Our library has a small leisure reading/browse collection of books that aren't in our circulation system and more than likely don't get much use. There is some literature about the benefits of leisure reading for health sciences students/professionals (e.g., empathy building, reducing stress, improving thinking and communication skills). We're curious to know other's experiences--do you have a collection, do you track usage, do you have a budget, etc. I can summarize responses for anyone else who might be interested.

Thanks,

-Marissa

Marissa Stone, MSLS | Clinical Medical/Reference Librarian
Eastern Virginia Medical School | Brickell Medical Sciences Library
740 W. Olney Road, Norfolk, VA 23507
Phone: 757.446.5849 | Fax: 757.446.5134 | Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>