We have gmail turned on and limit students to messaging staff only -- they
are unable to message peers. Otherwise, we sadly do not have a SIS portal
that is accessible for students in our school, but I know a few other
schools in the district we are in do have that option for parents to access
records through. A while back, I also worked in a school near Essex that
enabled students to check their grades -- it was an expectation. I liked
the outcome. Just not a possibility given our current setup where I am now.

Best,

Ethan Kichura

*Technology Coordinator*
Highgate Elementary School