A ‘matter’ is the item being investigated or discovered.  The intent is that district authorization is provided when there is a concern over threat or policy violation, not data loss.  I suspect there are legal implications.

I was responding to the request for backup solutions, not the one-sey twosies.   People need to be aware of the distinction of a tool that is used for investigation and discovery at the behest of the superintendent and the restoration of files and email in a backup restore situation.