Dear All

I think Craig and Robert are both just viewing this from different perspectives.

Although Vault is designed for ediscovery/archiving compliance, nothing I know of says that it can't be used for backup.

https://gsuite.google.com/products/vault/

And the policy and procedures for using Vault (or other similar products) in one location are likely different from another.

What Robert is talking about is fulfilling a user's request for access to a lost document, and doing that with Vault, which he thinks is good enough and meets the need.

Which I think is different than Craig's perspective that Vault be used exclusively for it's intended purpose, as it is not actually a backup tool, and backup itself is worth paying for (assumedly also how Bob feels about it) .

You can also recover items from the user dashboard for up to 25 days, assuming the user mistakenly deleted the item from their trash (I checked with Google, its not 30 days auto-delete PLUS then 25 more days for recover, it is 25 days from intentional deletion or 30 days auto-del)

users -> user -> more -> restore

Thanks,