We have gmail turned on and limit students to messaging staff only -- they are unable to message peers. Otherwise, we sadly do not have a SIS portal that is accessible for students in our school, but I know a few other schools in the district we are in do have that option for parents to access records through. A while back, I also worked in a school near Essex that enabled students to check their grades -- it was an expectation. I liked the outcome. Just not a possibility given our current setup where I am now.

Best,

Ethan Kichura

Technology Coordinator
Highgate Elementary School