Dear Scott Et alia

I know this will not be a satisfactory answer, but what does your document retention policy and record schedule say?

see here
https://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1707&L=SCHOOL-IT&P=R11355

and here
https://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1707&L=SCHOOL-IT&P=R6912

Last I knew, VSARA was looking for someone to pilot this with them

"Yes, there is a matrix that can be used for mapping positions to different retention schedules and also some options for automating information policies in certain types of email systems. We have not worked with any school districts on this yet but if interested ... please let me know! "

There was a session on this at VTfest

https://www.sec.state.vt.us/media/911177/vtfest_whatnottodowithyourarchive_tanyamarshall_20171103.pdf

may do something again in the future.

Thanks,

Does anyone know how long we are required to keep copies of emails and documents?  Also what has everyone been doing with these requirements when regarding mergers, especially when there are SUs going away?