We used a vendor.  Syscloud.  They did a fine job.   I have also used Promevo.
Of course it costs money.  But.   The effort is big manual job and a lot falls on end-users to migrate data.  We felt paying for this was worth not losing all the productivity during the process.

Bettercloud is a service that may work if you want to do it semi-manually.  You would add all the domains to an account in bettercloud, and export users, groups, etc using spreadsheets etc.  It's a subscription so you could use it for a year to support things.

Craig