I've been looking into this also.

Synology SAN Arrays come with a free utility that synchs with Google drive to grab backups of the data.  We are using that.  We aren't doing mail.  Vault handles for email investigations.

Teamdrive is managed centrally, so there's a way to do retention there if you get people to migrate personal data to Teamdrives for institutional data retention.

It's pricey to do backup through a service, and just in storage costs, and the rare occasion that it's needed, has not proven to be worth a paid service.

Craig

Craig Donnan
Network Administrator
Essex Westford School District
2 Educational Drive | Essex Jct, VT 05452

Office: 802-857-7130

For immediate assistance call:
Helpdesk Office Hours 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
EWSD Technology Department
Internally: 1234
Externally: 802-857-7777