Thanks to some great directions from Ali Wagner, I was able to do the life
bird dance yesterday after finding the male Hooded Warbler at Geprags Park
in Hinesburg. I heard it singing for nearly 30 minutes, and spent that time
sneaking around various trails until I finally got a decent look at it in
the top of a sumac. Woo Hoo!! No sign of a female, though.

Such a great place for birding in general though...I was there between 3:30
and 4:30, and besides the hooded warbler, I saw Chestnut sided, black and
white warbler, American redstart, Brown thrasher, Towhee, bluebirds, song
sparrows, and several others. I heard a gold winged warbler song, but was
unable to get eyes on the singer. Cool spot.

Graham
Rochester, VT