You've got TREEmail

Hello everyone –

Below is our latest newsletter. The focus is on emerald ash borer with lots of resources for municipalities. Please share with interested staff, volunteers, and community members.

Updates from the Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program

View this email in your browser

TREEmail

Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program

Emerald Ash Borer is Here

Emerald ash borer (EAB) was found in Vermont this winter. Although we have been preparing for its arrival for years, the news is still disappointing.  Now, we need to shift from preparation to action. This TREEmail is dedicated to the resources and events to help you as community leaders, resources managers, and local urban and community forestry ambassadors to support Vermont's response to EAB.

Stay informed at VTinvasives.org/eab.

Upcoming Events
Learn more by attending one of the upcoming EAB focused events.

Slowing the Spread
We need your help to slow the spread of EAB. Follow the recommendations below in the Infested Area.

For Municipalities
Review these tools to help your community prepare for and manage EAB. They all can be found on our website.

For Outreach
Help spread the message about EAB in Vermont.

Infested Area map

Stay updated on where EAB is in Vermont with our web-based map. You can also access the map on ANR Atlas. The layer is under Forests, Parks and Recreation.

TREEmail is brought to you by the Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program, an initiative of the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation in partnership with the University of Vermont Extension. Visit our website, www.vtcommunityforestry.org. TREEmail is made possible in part by the USDA Forest Service, State and Private Forestry.

Our mailing address is:
1 National Life Drive. Montpelier, VT 0562