Subject: Re: Vital Records July 1st
From: Carol Dawes <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, June 08, 2018 11:33 am
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi all,

The VT Department of Health sent around an email back on May 24th .  The subject line was “Act 46 update from Vital Records”.  Here’s what it said:
Dear City/Town Clerk,

Over the past several months we’ve been busy developing a new application for issuing and tracking certified copies and modifying the Department’s existing birth and death registration systems to meet the requirements under Act 46. This is a very large and complex project that touches many business processes and impacts multiple stakeholder groups.

With July 1st approaching we are discussing an adjusted timeline and anticipate that training (via Skype) town clerks to use the statewide system will occur this summer.  At this point there is no action for you to take.  We will get back to you with a more comprehensive message about what to expect within the next two weeks.

Thank you for your patience as we strive to ensure a smooth transition to the new law. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Warm Regards,

Jean DeCell                                        Cindy Hooley
State Registrar                                  Vital Statistics Information Manager