From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bennington Town Clerk’s Office
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 10:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Vital Records July 1st

Good morning all,

Has anyone heard an update to the new vital records law?  We received an email on 5/24 that said there may be an adjusted timeline and a week later I emailed back to see what that meant but have not received a reply.  The law said July 1st and I am wondering if that is still the case.  I am sure we are all trying to prepare the public when they ask questions about how to obtain a birth certificate.  It would be helpful to know if it is going to be implemented on time and if we need to notify callers with the fact that there will be an application and ID required.

Thanks all and have a great weekend.

Cassandra Barbeau
Town Clerk
Bennington, VT
mailto:[log in to unmask]

find us on the web at http://www.townofbennington.org/TOB/departments/town-clerk/

Please note that this email message, along with any response or reply, is considered public record, and thus, subject to disclosure under the Vermont Public Records Law (1 V.S.A. 315-320). Thank You.