Fellow Birders,

Today while attempting to audio record a Willow Flycatcher, I couldn’t help but hear two very bold and buzzy notes of a sparrow.  My initial reaction was:  Seriously?  Yes, a Clay-colored Sparrow kept me enthralled for 40 minutes at Farrell Access this afternoon.  About .55 miles down the straight-away, on the south side of the road, there is a small paddock that is enclosed with sheep fencing.  The bird was singing on the fencing, in the honey suckles, in a lone cedar tree in the field.  Hope it sticks around and sets up shop!

Ali
Huntington