Hi all,

We have been asked to run some soil samples taken from a salt marsh in
Australia, the majority of which are from the surface, but there are also
some from a core. The samples have been dried and ground and analysed for
TOC.

Based on a requirement of 400 ug carbon per sample for our system (Sercon
20-22), some of the samples will require between 5 and 15 mg of soil per
capsule. I spend the majority of my time working with collagen in the 1 mg
range, so this venturing into the unknown.

For those of you working with soils, is there anything I need to be aware
of when running this type of material for delta 13C, and how much material
per capsule is too much?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Matt

--
Please note that I check emails only twice a day, so urgent or quick
queries may be resolved more efficiently by telephone or face-to-face.

*Mr Matthew von Tersch*
*BioArCh Laboratory Manager*

*Department of Archaeology - University of York*
*Room 229, Environment Building*
*Wentworth Way*
*York YO10 5DD*

*Tel: 01904 328282*
*E-mail: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*