Dear all,

We have some trouble with our MAT253. Normally the pressure is about 5e-8
mbar but somehow over night it increased to 1.2e-7 mbar.
We did not change anything.
Here comes the strange thing about this error. We switched on the analyzer
and the source heater and the the pressure drops instantly to 2e-8 mbar.
Switching off the heaters leads to a increase of the pressure again. This
is strange, shouldn't the pressure increase while heating and decrease
when the heaters are off?!
Has anybody encountered such a strange error? Is it a real leak or some
faulty electronics or something totally different?

Greetings

Lukas

Lukas Flierl
Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt PTB
Metrology in Chemistry, 3.11
Bundesallee 100
38116 Braunschweig, Germany
Tel. +49-531-592-3318