Dear colleagues,

Allow me to draw your attention to a session at INQUA 2019 that may be of interest to isotope geochemists. Abstract submission is now open until 9th January 2019:
http://www.inqua2019.org/call-for-abstracts/

Best wishes,
Maarten

Theme: Palaeoclimate
Session title: Stable isotopes in palaeoenvironmental reconstructions: understanding climate change and nutrient cycling
Conveners: Biljana Narancic, Maarten van Hardenbroek Reinhard Pienitz, Hanno Meyer, Bernhard Chapligin
Abstract: The session focuses on stable isotopes are a tool for indicating long-term environmental change in lakes. Alterations in climate, carbon cycling, vegetation, and nutrient dynamics in a lake and its catchment can have marked effect on the stable isotope ratios in lake water and organisms that live in it. We welcome abstracts that cover the use stable isotopes in biogenic silica and organic materials as indicators of environmental changes in terrestrial aquatic ecosystems. We specially encourage abstracts from research projects focusing on reconstructing postglacial palaeoenvironmental changes in formally glaciated polar regions. We also encourage abstracts of method-oriented studies and experimental work that contributes to the development, calibration, and interpretation of stable isotope records.