Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the AGU session, B035. High-resolution dendrochronology: extracting the mechanism behind plant-atmosphere interactions

Better understanding of the processes behind plant-atmosphere interactions are key to interpret past climates and project future scenarios under climate change. Recent advances in dendrochronology has allowed us to move towards the reconstruction of tree ecophysiological responses to environmental changes. These efforts move beyond examining ring-width at inter-annual time scales and focus on resolving intra-annual processes. Some of the high-resolution techniques, including measurements of partial ring widths, wood density, wood anatomy, xylogenesis, and stable isotopes, allow us to better understand tree ecophysiological responses into the past. These approaches applied from ecosystem to leaf level, are testing our fundamental understanding of how trees respond to changes in temperature and precipitation, by examining how these responses manifest in tree-ring records. In this session, we seek to synthesize the latest research that incorporates mechanistic perspectives and invite studies that use high-resolution data linking hydroclimate measurements to forest responses to climate.

Please submit here: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/48881

Confirmed Invited speakers:
Laia Andreu-Hayles, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
Emanuele Ziaco, University of Nevada Reno

Conveners:
Jia Hu, University of Arizona
Paul Szejner, University of Arizona

Best,