Hi Marilyn,

Isolink only has one electronic board. We replaced the board, and the problem was solved. Thanks

Wei

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 8:15 PM, Marilyn Fogel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Motherboard where? Marilyn

From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Wei Huang <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, July 30, 2018 at 10:01 AM
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ISOGEOCHEM] Isolink HTC oven couldn't reach the desired temperature

Hi all,

The problem was solved by replacing the motherboard. Thank you for all the suggestions and information!

Wei

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 8:43 AM, Stefan Merseburger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello Wei,

it's probably a confusion. The transformer in the HTC does not increase the voltage but the internal amperage. Usually if ~225V or 230V doesn't matter. We have the predecessor of the IsoLink HTC (Flash 2000 HTC Plus, or so) and after a few month, it was necessary to increase the current intensity (following the described procedure in the manual: unscrew backside and set the cable of the associated transformer one number higher). Nevertheless, with this problem, we could reach easily above 1400°C and then the temperature was slowly fluctuating below 1450°C. Your description sounds different to me.

In addition, you could have another software related problem (we also suffered): The ThermoFisher Software IsoDat had a wrong max. Temperature set somewhere deeply hidden in its settings for the HTC side. To solve that we had to install the old "Eager Experience" software (for operating the HTC/EA without mass spectrometer), that overrides the faulty setting with the correct one. Our max. point was 1100°C, maybe yours is now 1200°C? Then our "Pyrolysis Mode" got it's right maximum temperature back.
I hope it helps.

Good luck,
Stefan