Good morning,

I am writing to introduce the SPA EDU series of seminars for the upcoming school year.

As you know in the past fiscal year, and with assistance from our many stakeholders, SPA documented a number of processes, which we consider critical to sponsored project administration.  We will continue our documentation efforts, primarily in the area of financial management (post-award), in FY 19.

Starting in early June, we have worked with our colleagues in Professional Development and Training to create a series of educational seminars devoted to these processes.  We hope that each session will involve discussions and opportunities to share perspectives and issues rated to the topic.  For overall objectives and learning outcomes envisioned for each session, please view them on http://www.uvm.edu/develop/?Page=skills/classes/policyprocedureandreporting.html

We are working with our colleagues at Research Protection Office and Research Integrity to add two seminars focused on research compliance and will let you know when these have been scheduled.

Registration for all other sessions is now open;  please follow the steps outlined under the table below to sign up.

Session Name

PS Course

Lead Facilitators

Scheduled Dates

SPA Seminar: Introduction to Sponsored Project Administration

POL012

Sonya Stern, Julie Macy, Emily Trantum, Linda Serrantonio and Lana Metayer

09/19/18 and 01/10/19

SPA Seminar: Essential Regulatory Compliance in Sponsored Project Administration

POL018

Marcy Whittle and Sonya Stern

09/27/18

SPA Seminar: PeopleSoft Tools and Best Practices for Financial Management of Sponsored Projects

CPT075

Linda Serrantonio and Lana Metayer

10/10/2018 and 04/17/2019

SPA Seminar: Preparation, Review and Submission of Sponsored Project Proposals

POL019

Julie Macy

10/23/2018

SPA Seminar: Award Acceptance for Sponsored Agreements. Establishment of Advance Accounts.

POL020

Emily Trantum

11/13/2018

SPA Seminar: Outgoing Subawards

POL010

Molly Epstein and Linda Serrantonio

12/11/2018

SPA Seminar: Non-Payroll Cost Transfers on Sponsored Projects

POL021

Linda Serrantonio

02/13/2019

SPA Seminar: Cost Sharing on Sponsored Projects

POL022

Julie Macy and Linda Serrantonio

03/19/2019

SPA Seminar: Carrying Forward of Funds From One Year to Another and No Cost Extensions on Sponsored Projects

POL023

Linda Serrantonio and Julie Macy

04/10/2019

SPA Seminar: Sponsored Project Financial Reporting and Closeout

POL024

Linda Serrantonio

05/09/2019

Overview of IRB, IACUC and IBC

 TBD

Melanie Locher

 TBD

Overview of FCOI and Export Control

 TBD

Victoria Jones

 TBD

How to Register

To register, log into PeopleSoft Human Resources and go to:

Main Menu > Self Service > Learning and Development > Request Training Enrollment

Click Search by Course Number and enter the course code. Click the Session Number that corresponds with the desired date and click Continue, Submit, Yes until you reach the "Save Confirmation" page.

Thank you,

Sonya Stern, MBA | Director | Signing Official

University of Vermont

Sponsored Project Administration

217 Waterman | 85 South Prospect Street

Burlington, VT 05405-0160

P: 802-656-1986 | [log in to unmask] | www.uvm.edu/spa/

To unsubscribe from the SPANEWS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(SPANEWS,SIGNOFF);