I don't see where a card or a finger scanner deprives anyone of positive
human qualities.

We don't have the same issues with food services finger scanners.  Kids
forget cards, but no so much with fingers.

Craig Donnan, MA, CETL
Network Administrator
Essex Westford School District
2 Educational Drive | Essex Jct, VT 05452

Office: 802-857-7130

___________________________________

*For immediate assistance call:*
*Helpdesk Office Hours 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM*
*EWSD Technology Department*
*Internally: 1234*
*Externally: 802-857-7777*

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 9:19 AM Raymond Ballou <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Craig
>
> I think Tim means that although a fingerprint at the door is a great
> system for tracking (and used in the wider world) it also might put a
> barrier between the customer (the parent) and the school in a way that is
>
> dehumanization -> " the process of depriving a person or group of
> positive human qualities."
>
> We used to use finger prints for serving meals, but the FP system itself
> was slow and required constant cleaning (with scotach tape to lift up oils)
> so they switched that out for a card to scan instead.

> Can you explain what is dehumanizing rather than simply identifying?

The
information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is
confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for
the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior
consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding,
distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately at 802-857-7777 or return e-mail,and delete any
copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this
communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the
communication.