From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sylvia Gagne
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2018 1:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Blocked IP

Has anyone else dealt with having their IP address blocked?  We have run into this where sites hosted on Akamai are blocking our IP.

We contacted Akamai and they claim they don't block IPs, that individual entities control what is blocked and that we need to request to be unblocked by each entity.

Unfortunately so many sites are hosted on Akamai including staples.com, schoolboard.com, even our bank is for their ebanking portion.

Other then changing our external IP address, anyone have any insight on a faster way to resolve this?  It takes me 10 minutes to get the support-line person at each site to understand my request, then to get them to forward me to the correct person who can move this on to their IT dept. It is a nightmare!

I am hitting a brick wall with xfinity/comcast.  They can't get past the "you have to contact your service provider" even when I try to explain that we have been working with them and what the issue really is... start loop over.

--

Sylvia Gagne

IT Support

Missisquoi Valley Union Middle and High School

175 Thunderbird Drive

Swanton, VT 05488