Hi Robert,

We’ve seen “demonic” oscillatory behavior akin to your problem — albeit much more dramatic and a bit higher frequency —  resulting from a faulty fiberline cable and in another instance have seen odd instrument behavior due to a bad fiberline connection. In the latter case a twist tie firmed up the connection and solved the problem.

Cheers,
Dyke