Hi Eduardo,

Its the grounding wire for the 24V power distribution board in the back of the instrument.  The wire in older ECS is too small and results in exactly this issue (instant temp drop, overshoot temp, machine goes “not ready").  I will send Costech's instructions and pictures off list.  Fixed ours and other ECS.  Easy to do.  Jason

Jason Curtis, Ph.D.
Stable Isotope Mass Spec Lab manager
Senior Associate-In Geochemistry
Department of Geological Sciences