Hi Robert,

If all of HVac, box/trap ratio, and signal intensity are fluctuating, to me this is a board issue. What you wrote also seems to be indicative of a faulty board:

"We measured the Penning voltage and the trip point on the access points MP11/12/13 on the power distribution board of the Delta V. Voltage is between 2.1 and 2.2 Volt, which Isodat interprets as an extreme goor (or unrealistic?) vacuum. We are not able, of course, to switch on the ion source to see if we still have fluctuations on the signal. Wa also exchanged the cable between the Penning’s magnet housing and the board."

FWIW, the Delta XP Plus in our lab recently had a similar (but not identical) vacuum/signal fluctuation issue. What's different is in our case is that box currents were stable. You could find a detailed description of symptoms in an email I sent back in Feb. It turns out to be a leak from a viton O-ring between the collector and amplifier housing.

Perhaps you could

Best,
Yuzhen