His influence through guiding na´ve young faculty through their first instrument purchases cannot be underestimated.  He sure provided insight on each of our purchases.

From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Marilyn Fogel
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 13:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ISOGEOCHEM] Chuck Douhtitt contact

There is a story there, but its not mine to tell.

We all miss him-as bristly and as funny and as direct as he can be.

Marilyn

From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Stephen Burns <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Friday, August 31, 2018 at 12:25 PM
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Thanks to all who replied. I now have contact information for Chuck and his Thermo replacement (if there could be such a thing).

Stephen
Stephen Burns
Professor, Department of Geosciences

"The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is Reason."
Thomas Paine