Lukas, if you’re primarily looking for the maximum number of decimals possible in each column, I would recommend using the isoreader package (isoreader.kopflab.org) - it pulls the data out of the C-type structure representation stored in the .dxf binary so will get you the maximum number of digits that Isodat knows (regardless of what is displayed in the Isodat user interface). You can export from there with all digits to Excel. If you don’t have the possibility to run this, you’re welcome to upload to our test server and export to Excel with all digits from the GUI there. Just a word of caution that this instance is not designed for high traffic and it only stores your files temporarily (which you may prefer) so if you have 100s of files it may be a bit slow. Also, as always, if you encounter trouble with any of your dxf files, it’d be great to get a copy of the offending file(s) for testing.

cheers,
seb

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 2:20 AM, Wolfram Meier-Augenstein (pals) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Yes, of course.  I got things mixed up because outputs like retention times, delta values and raw Ratios are all displayed differently.  Sorry.  It all comes back to me now.

Different entries (columns) in *.dxf files are displayed differently (by default?); e.g. peak times with 1 decimal, delta values with 3 decimals, AT% with 6 decimals and raw Ratios with 7 decimals.

Export to Excel is like-for-like based on the way numbers are displayed in the various data columns of the *.dxf files.  Increasing the number of decimals shown in Excel will only add zeros as you say.

I have not found a way to change the number of decimals displayed in the various data columns of result output files (*.dxf files).  Then again I have to admit I was never bothered enough to pursue this.  Sorry for not being of any help on this one.

From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry [mailto:[log in to unmask]edu] On Behalf Of Lukas Flierl
Sent: 04 September 2018 08:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ISOGEOCHEM] Isodat increasing number of exportet digits

I only get additional zeros.

e.g.

3021.984 --> 3021.984000
Cheers,

Lukas

Lukas Flierl
Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt PTB
Metrology in Chemistry, 3.11
Bundesallee 100
38116 Braunschweig, Germany
Tel. +49-531-592-3318
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:
www.ptb.de

Von:        "Wolfram Meier-Augenstein (pals)" <[log in to unmask]>
An:        [log in to unmask]
Datum:        04.09.2018 09:51
Gesendet von:        "Stable Isotope Geochemistry" <[log in to unmask]>

What happens if you highlight a relevant cell in one of these Excel sheets, formatting it as Number and selecting how many digits you want to have displayed?