Print

Print


Following up on the GradProg file... For the spring collection DC 04, the
number of rows per student were as follows:

   RETAINED - 1 row per student - no GRADEEND
   TRANSFERRED OUT - 1 row per student - GRADEEND should be PS ExitDate - 1
   MATRICULATED (to another school in district) - 1 row per student -
populate all columns
   PROMOTED (new grade same school) - 2 rows per student - first row
populate all columns; 2nd row no GRADEEND

For the *fall collection DC 06*, would it be the same or would it instead
be a representation of those currently enrolled, as they are not exited
yet... Would there be fewer records for the fall DC? I was envisioning
something like:

   ACTIVE ENROLLMENTS - 1 row per student - no GRADEEND
   TRANSFERRED OUT - 1 row per student - GRADEEND should be PS ExitDate - 1

Again, these questions are regarding *06_5_PS_GradeProg*, not
04_5_PS_GradeProg.

Michelle M. Devino
Data Manager
Colchester School District
[log in to unmask]
Direct: 802.264.5761
Help Desk: 802.264.5727


On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 7:44 AM Marcia Noyes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Yes,
>
> In other words every student gets an end date in Grade prog.
>
> The students that are staying in their existing enrollment schools get a
> beginning date for the next year with their new grade level.
>
> The students that are moving to say High School, or in our case Middle
> School do not get a beginning date for next year.
>
> In Enroll those graduated students get end dated with a code of 07 and
> their new enrollment school added.
>
>
>
> Have a good Day
>
>
>
> Marcia J. Noyes
>
> SVSU Senior Systems Administrator
>
> Central Business Office
>
> 802-753-5818
>
> [log in to unmask]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:
> [log in to unmask]] *On Behalf Of *Michelle Devino
> *Sent:* Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:00 PM
> *To:* [log in to unmask]
> *Subject:* Re: 06_PS_GradeProg
>
>
>
> Hi Ben,
>
>
>
> Here's how I tried to keep track of those student files... My student
> files have gone through without error (knock on wood as I just submitted
> another batch)...
>
>
>
> Per a conversation with J. Perry for *04_5_PS_GradeProg*:
>
> RETAINED - 1 row per student - no GRADEEND
>
> TRANSFERRED OUT - 1 row per student - GRADEEND should be PS ExitDate - 1
>
> MATRICULATED (to another school in district) - 1 row per student -
> populate all columns
>
> PROMOTED (new grade same school) - 2 rows per student - first row populate
> all columns; 2nd row no GRADEEND
>
>
>
> [image: image.png]
>
>
>
> Michelle M. Devino
>
> Data Manager
>
> Colchester School District
>
> [log in to unmask]
>
> Direct: 802.264.5761
>
> Help Desk: 802.264.5727
>
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 3:04 PM Leslie, Ben <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> with the confusion on the GradeProg file needing 2 lines for each students
> who didn't exit the school (or graduated/matriculated), what's required on
> the 06_PS_GradeProg?
>
>
>
> --
>
> Ben Leslie
>
> *Coordinator of Technology*
>
> Battenkill Valley Supervisory Union / Arlington School District
>
>
>
> *Arlington High School*
>
> P: 802-375-2589 ext. 165
>
> Direct: 802-375-1432
>
>
>
> *Fisher Elementary School*
>
> P: 802-375-6409 ext. 263
>
> Direct: 802-375-1473
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html>the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>