We haven't encountered this issue at CVU or CVSD yet. It doesn't appear as
if there's a method to turn it off for your entire domain, but you could
use student/employee IDs per this help document
<https://support.google.com/a/answer/9022736>. Although it looks like
Google can decide that isn't the appropriate challenge format and give them
that interstitial page requesting a phone number. Kind of odd that they
would be forcing that in an educational domain though.

Nick Clark
Lead Technician
Champlain Valley Union High School
Champlain Valley School District