We use Aerohive's ppsk feature.  With this, it advertises as one ssid, but
you can tie multiple profiles.  We have a staff profile which allows users
access to file directory and printing, then we have student and guest
profiles which don't.    Every user gets their own account, so this also
allows us to disable one person without disrupting the rest.

We do still use a second SSID which we put all school owned devices on at
this point.

This is on the older Aerohive Hivemanager. We have not upgraded to their
newer product (as everything has to be rebuilt, no migration tool).  So I
don't know if this feature still exists in the newer product.