Thanks Craig, and all. Very helpful.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018, 7:45 AM Craig Donnan <[log in to unmask] wrote:
Meraki, evaluating Ubiquiti due to cost/performance.  Burlington went with them and likes them.

We are in the process of implementing an onboarding product that authenticates on google SecureW2 and directs all users to one of the SSIDs.
Transitioning to 2 SSIDS but not there yet, used overall generally with some exceptions for pop up events or library.
Personal devices (limited access), and then the devices we manage.  Devices we manage get the SSID applied through policy/managment tool.

Part of the reason for onboarding is so that there's no SSID key or key sharing.  SecureW2 handles that.
Also - we know who is what device.  And then so do the Feds for investigation if that's needed.  We can tie a user to a device if there's a threat.

Craig

Craig Donnan, MA, CETL
Network Administrator
Essex Westford School District
2 Educational Drive | Essex Jct, VT 05452

Office: 802-857-7130

For immediate assistance call:
Helpdesk Office Hours 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
EWSD Technology Department
Internally: 1234
Externally: 802-857-7777