I saw this article from Andrew Julian come through my stream this morning
https://medium.com/@andrewjjulian/my-school-added-a-k-12-computer-science-curriculum-your-school-should-too-bfac54f10129

and it made me proud to be a member of the  #vted community where we have so many teachers on the leading edge. The coding strand at VermontFest  is perfect example of this and includes coding opportunities from BeeBots in  Kindergarten, to building mobile apps with MIT App Inventor, to coding physical objects with microBits and the new Scratch 3.0, to Coding in Google Slides.

And even a brand new alliance that will bring amazing opportunities to Vermont teachers  in ALL disciplines.  If you're school's is asking questions about computer science at all levels,   you'll definitely want to send some of your teachers to VermontFest to follow this strand!  A preliminary schedule is live - with more to come!  Spread the world

http://vtfest.vita-learn.org/

Computer Science Alliance (UVM, VTVLC, Code.org)Computer Science is a fundamental skill that is valuable for every student to learn as part of a 21st century education. Code.org and the Vermont Computer Science Alliance are dedicated to providing teacher professional development and inquiry-based computer science learning opportunities in Vermont at the K-12 levels. Join us for a discussion about how to successfully integrate computer science into the classroom using the resources you currently have available and how we can help.
Coding for Younger LearnersInterested in taking a stab at teaching robotics to young children? Learn about how Kindergarten and 1st graders worked together with older students to learn the principles of coding. Try your hand at Robot Turtles and BeeBots.
Coding for Younger LearnersExploring Code with BeeBots
Build an app with MIT’s App Inventor In this workshop, we will work through how to build a simple app using MIT’s App Inventor. We will discuss the pre-made components that are available as part of this web-based program, how to use the blocks and make it interactive, and how to test it out on an Android phone. Please bring an Android phone if you have one available, otherwise we will have a few available for testing during the workshop.
Scratch 3.0 MicroBitsSo many new ways to code physical objects with Scratch 3.0 including using the BBC MicroBits. Come try for yourself in this hands on session.
Coding & Math Using Google SheetsHow do we inspire students from groups that are underrepresented in Math and Technology fields? For two years, we have worked on providing access to high-quality differentiated coding activities that inspired our students to change their mindset about Math and Technology.

--
Lucie deLaBruere
www.LearningWithLucie.com

Google Voice (802) 557 0013