Ben ,there's a 1:N relationship between the data in 10 and 11 and between 11 and 11a.  If a person works in only one school, and has only one role in that school, then it's 1:1:1, but a person could have multiple roles in multiple schools.  They could put it all in one file and just have you replicate the redundant data, I suppose, but they ask for the data the way it's stored internally, and it's stored in a way that normalizes it.