---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: CoSN Communications <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 6:14 PM
Subject: Cybersecurity Awareness Month - How to Stay Safe This School Year
To: <[log in to unmask]
What can the information technology professional do to secure their school system? At a time when cyber threats have become more persistent and destructive, CoSN has designed a suite of tools that aim to equip today's edtech leaders with everything they need to prevent or address security events.
In honor of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, CoSN has put together a catalog of invaluable resources for all school system technology professionals. Here are 5 ways to stay safe online:
- Get started with Cybersecurity! Download our comprehensive breakdown of what districts should do in the event of an incident.
- But don't wait until a critical event...see what the top 5 cybersecurity threats every edtech leader should be aware of.
- Take an online course focusing on the fundamentals of IT security and advanced persistent protection of your students information. Our 7-week, Advanced Persistent Prevention: Cybersecurity in K-12 Education is a facilitated course that will prime you on enterprise security issues for your first line of defense. Class begins Wednesday, October 17! Registration required.
- Learn in real time from the experts during our Cybersecurity focused webinar, Protecting Cyber AND Physical Security on Wednesday, October 17th @ 1pm ET. Free to members. Registration required.
- Assess your security profile, determine your district's security status, and create a plan to improve your district's security.
This e-mail was sent from CoSN (CoSN Communications
) to [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe, please click on this link and follow the instructions: Unsubscribe
CoSN,P.O. Box 75110 Baltimore MD 21275-5110, Phone Number:(202) 861-2676, Fax Number: , Email Address: [log in to unmask], Website : www.cosn.org