As I share my land with a large variety of wild creatures, including bears,
I take my platform and hopper feeders in in April and just put out hanging
feeders during the day all spring, summer, and early fall.  In general,
when is it safe to put out and fill platform and hopper feeders in the fall
as they have to stay up at night?  I thought that it was safe and put them
out on Friday but we are clearly having night visitors.

And who else is having an absolute invasion of squirrels?

Thank you for advice.  I am off to see if I can see the godwit...

Martha
(usually birding in) Westford

P.S.   Thinking about a February trip to South Padre Island area.  If
anyone has advice or suggestions, I would love to hear from you off the
VTBird list.  Thanks.