Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday October 20, 2018 on
the Old Railroad Passage Trail.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the parking lot on
Tabor Rd, about a mile past the refuge Visitor Center.  If you have any
questions, email me at [log in to unmask]

The monthly walks gather long-term data on the presence of birds, their
abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather is entered
into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the Cornell Lab of
Ornithology. These walks are appropriate for all levels of birders and
provide a wonderful opportunity to learn about birds throughout the
seasons. Led by Ken Copenhaver and Julie Filiberti, Friends of Missisquoi
National Wildlife Refuge board members.

After 102 months of walks we have observed 157 species.  (In September we
added Merlin to our list.)  Hope to see you there!

--Ken Copenhaver

For information on other refuge events, visit: http://friendsofmissisquoi.
org/