Thanks, Tyler.  If it's anything like hawk movement, weather on the
southern end of this northward movement can concentrate the bids and
make them feel an urgency to get going even if the winds, etc., are far
from ideal.

They're heavier birds than most raptors, and flap all the way, unlike
raptors, which surely also has something to do with their migratory
behavior, though I don't know enough to know how that might factor into
things.

Maybe we should start a few Brant watches!  Hawkwatchers start to lose
interest now that the mass movement of Broadwings is over, so some of
them might be interested...

Jane
(Shoreham)