Nice day in Essex County with some snow on the ground a few smaller ponds
with thin sheet of ice. Black Scoters, Bufflehead, Common Goldeneye on
Wallace Pond & Island Pond. On Meadow Street in Island Pond several
White-crowned sparrows, a couple Eastern Bluebirds & a Pectoral Sandpiper at
the sewage plant. Out at Moose Bog Black-backed Woodpeckers are drumming &
calling ( I met another birder who had Boreal Chickadee & Canada Jays) Also
I found a pair of Spruce Grouse ( male & female) the male displaying for her
to no avail. (but what do I know) Digiscoped some pics. Checked the eBird
records for Pectoral in Essex County & saw Fred Pratt had one on October 15,
2012..that guy is everywhere.

https://ebird.org/vt/view/checklist/S49303067

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.

Tom Berriman

802-626-9071

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blackpoll1/