I had one of those years ago, resplendent male cardinal who perched on
the arm of my car's rearview mirror, parked in a suburban parking lot,
and spent hours and hours whacking the mirror.  Don't know whether it's
low intelligence or out of control male hormones.  I swear there was a
female looking on approvingly from a safe distance!  No clue why he
picked my car out of the half dozen parked in the lot at the time...

Jane
(Shoreham)