 Hi again Fox Hunters,

Yesterday, in the same spot as last Thursday, there was another large mixed flock of sparrows in Huntington Center.  About a mile south of the village, between Maple Drive and Charlie Smith Road, there is a straight stretch of road with a convenient pull off (access to farm field) on the right.    Around 9 a.m., they were feeding along the road and were  still there a few hours later on my return home.  So I did a recount and Fox Sparrows prevailed again.  It is easy to count them after a car has gone by as they return from shrubs and drop down into the stubby grass.  The total number of sparrows was significantly lower, but that’s okay....instead there was a showing of every expected woodpecker (including a Red-bellied, which I have only seen in this area once before), an alive Grouse, and a Sharpie.

Ali
Huntington