From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christianson, Merete
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 12:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXT] Need some bad examples

Hello and Happy Friday!

I have an upcoming workshop on academic publishing, open access and predatory journals for some public health folks. In order to talk about predatory journals, I want to show some examples and wondering if anyone knows of any "so bad its funny"-type articles from predatory journals? I've found some nonsense interplanetary business management articles but was hoping to find some more health-related examples.

Merete

Merete Christianson
Health Sciences Librarian / NDSU Libraries
NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY

Main Library 218B
NDSU Dept 2080, PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Phone: 701.231.7965
Fax: 701.231.6128
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]:[log in to unmask]>>
www.ndsu.edu/library<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/8Ct6CkRKpWCYmm4RsQbY7k?domain=ndsu.edu><http://www.ndsu.edu/library<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/DJxOClYLqWSOggk3cqR5YJ?domain=ndsu.edu>>

[ndsu_sig]

Cleveland Clinic is currently ranked as the No. 2 hospital in the country by U.S. News & World Report (2017-2018). Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of our services, staff and locations. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.