Prior to unifying into a district from a supervisory union, we had a mix of
Windows and Mac computers. It depended on the school. Some were 100%
Windows and some 100% Mac. After unifying and gaining the power of the
purse we composed an asset management policy
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_IDqsPojg_Tuv1ucp-aKQPCuHedHZoiWKc01Xp_inXQ/edit?usp=sharing>
as part of our Digital Learning Plan
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kjwm7ecJyXdtuJGeXsF5NcvHoVr1Y88Nf0TRVIgQCTU/edit>
that outlines a replacement cycle. Our plan is to have Chromebooks for
students, Windows computers for teachers and to phase out Apple products.
As you can imagine, it hasn't been universally popular, and it will take
years to fully implement. Some of the Macs we have are new enough that they
will be around for a while.