Print

Print


I have 6/13/18 as the grade start date, the day after our official last date reported for sy17-18

Ben 

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 5:29 PM Michelle Ksepka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I wonder if you have to have it the same day as your current last day in your calendar.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 2, 2018, at 4:50 PM, Marcia Noyes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> I just sent Jennifer this question, as for the students going to the Middle and High Schools, I am getting errors for the anticipated end dates of 06/30/2019, and am not sure of what to do next. The other students are fine with that grade end date. Maybe I should not put in the future school like I did for the Spring collection?
>
>
> Marcia J. Noyes
>
> SVSU Senior Systems Administrator
>
> Central Business Office
>
> 802-753-5818
>
> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>
> ________________________________
> From: School Information Technology Discussion [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Michelle Devino [[log in to unmask]]
> Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 10:59 AM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: 06_PS_GradeProg
>
> Following up on the GradProg file... For the spring collection DC 04, the number of rows per student were as follows:
>
>   RETAINED - 1 row per student - no GRADEEND
>   TRANSFERRED OUT - 1 row per student - GRADEEND should be PS ExitDate - 1
>   MATRICULATED (to another school in district) - 1 row per student - populate all columns
>   PROMOTED (new grade same school) - 2 rows per student - first row populate all columns; 2nd row no GRADEEND
>
> For the fall collection DC 06, would it be the same or would it instead be a representation of those currently enrolled, as they are not exited yet... Would there be fewer records for the fall DC? I was envisioning something like:
>
>   ACTIVE ENROLLMENTS - 1 row per student - no GRADEEND
>   TRANSFERRED OUT - 1 row per student - GRADEEND should be PS ExitDate - 1
>
> Again, these questions are regarding 06_5_PS_GradeProg, not 04_5_PS_GradeProg.
>
> Michelle M. Devino
> Data Manager
> Colchester School District
> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> Direct: 802.264.5761
> Help Desk: 802.264.5727
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 7:44 AM Marcia Noyes <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
> Yes,
> In other words every student gets an end date in Grade prog.
> The students that are staying in their existing enrollment schools get a beginning date for the next year with their new grade level.
> The students that are moving to say High School, or in our case Middle School do not get a beginning date for next year.
> In Enroll those graduated students get end dated with a code of 07 and their new enrollment school added.
>
> Have a good Day
>
> Marcia J. Noyes
> SVSU Senior Systems Administrator
> Central Business Office
> 802-753-5818
> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>
>
>
> From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>] On Behalf Of Michelle Devino
> Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:00 PM
> To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: 06_PS_GradeProg
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> Here's how I tried to keep track of those student files... My student files have gone through without error (knock on wood as I just submitted another batch)...
>
> Per a conversation with J. Perry for 04_5_PS_GradeProg:
> RETAINED - 1 row per student - no GRADEEND
> TRANSFERRED OUT - 1 row per student - GRADEEND should be PS ExitDate - 1
> MATRICULATED (to another school in district) - 1 row per student - populate all columns
> PROMOTED (new grade same school) - 2 rows per student - first row populate all columns; 2nd row no GRADEEND
>
>
> Michelle M. Devino
> Data Manager
> Colchester School District
> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> Direct: 802.264.5761
> Help Desk: 802.264.5727
>
>
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 3:04 PM Leslie, Ben <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
> with the confusion on the GradeProg file needing 2 lines for each students who didn't exit the school (or graduated/matriculated), what's required on the 06_PS_GradeProg?
>
> --
> Ben Leslie
> Coordinator of Technology
> Battenkill Valley Supervisory Union / Arlington School District
>
> Arlington High School
> P: 802-375-2589 ext. 165
> Direct: 802-375-1432
>
> Fisher Elementary School
> P: 802-375-6409 ext. 263
> Direct: 802-375-1473
>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage<http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage<http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage<http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage<http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
--
Ben Leslie Battenkill Valley Supervisory Union 802-375-2589 802-375-6409

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Search the SCHOOL-IT Archive

Manage your Subscription to SCHOOL-IT