Hello,

I'm not sure if this would help anyone, but we tend to do a PowerWash when
the devices build up with too many users, as the process described above is
just too tedious at scale. Might be worth exploring instead of the rapid
pressing of the tab and return keys.

Kind Regards,
David

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 12:48 PM Marion Bates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If you have shared Chromebooks and you've got the device settings arranged
> to show recent users on the signin screen, eventually you get a buildup of
> accounts. When you want to clear some out, you pick the account and click
> the little arrow and select "Remove this user." Then it shows some text
> saying "all files and local data associated with this user will be
> permanently deleted once this user is removed. [they] can still sign in
> later." Normally you then click "Remove this user" again just below that
> text, to really do it. Like this:
>
> [image: removethisusergood.jpg]
>
> We're seeing that, for all but the most recently-used account, the option
> to actually do the removal doesn't appear:
>
> [image: removethisuser.jpg]
>
> (Nothing beneath the word "later")
>
> We've determined that once you get to this point, if you rapidly hit the
> tab key followed by the return key, it in fact does remove the user.
> Sometimes takes a couple of tries. Leading me to believe that the
> link/button IS still there, but is being pushed off the edge of the
> dropdown's canvas area or whatever, out of mouse reach but accessible with
> keyboard shortcuts.
>
> We're seeing this on Chrome 70.0.2528.110, not sure exactly when it began.
> (shrug) More reason to switch device settings to always show username and
> password fields vs. cached accounts, I guess.
>
> -- MB

David McClellan
HelpDesk Coordinator
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
Office: (802) 899 - 4093
Mobile: (802) 458 - 7327

--

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
Educational