Amanda - my 2 cents,

All phone vendors will offer VOIP solutions.

I've always biased toward on-premise phone controllers due to the
flexibility and local options, for example, you can have a mix of VOIP,
Digital, and POTS lines running through the infrastructure, and you aren't
dependent on the Internet.  You do have to plan for UPS support for the
hours uptime you need.

If you elect a cloud based off-premise controller, you are of course then
reliant on Internet function, so redundancy there becomes more important.
But failover at last resort has always been a copper line, with the copper
line wired so it is the same outside line as the primary school number

It will be a bid process as it will certainly be more that 15K.  Twinstate
has always responded to bids competitive and professionally for us.

Craig Donnan, MA, CETL
Network Administrator
Essex Westford School District
2 Educational Drive | Essex Jct, VT 05452

Office: 802-857-7130

___________________________________

*For immediate assistance call:*
*Helpdesk Office Hours 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM*
*EWSD Technology Department*
*Internally: 1234*
*Externally: 802-857-7777*

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 8:30 AM Amanda Bickford <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like we might be updating our phone systems! !😁 . Is there a
> Vermont Company that works with VOIP phone installations? And what brands
> are you finding to work the best?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Amanda Bickford
> Director of Technology and Library Service
> The Village School of North Bennington

The
information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is
confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for
the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior
consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding,
distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately at 802-857-7777 or return e-mail,and delete any
copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this
communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the
communication.