Agreed and thanks for that Bob - I didn't address the cost factor.  While it appears that you save money initially with off-premise systems, you are paying monthly forever.  With an on-premise system, you stop paying for the equipment after a period, and I found you save a lot also with on-premise.

Schools often look for the short-term "penny-wise" low cost solution, but it may be "pound foolish" in the long term.  Financing is the way to level these costs.

Craig

Craig Donnan, MA, CETL
Network Administrator
Essex Westford School District
2 Educational Drive | Essex Jct, VT 05452

Office: 802-857-7130

For immediate assistance call:
Helpdesk Office Hours 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
EWSD Technology Department
Internally: 1234
Externally: 802-857-7777