From: School Information Technology Discussion <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of John Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 7:52:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Slow Internet issues

We have Consolidated as an ISP provider.  We have an EDIA circuit in a main hub  at NCUHS and then an ELAN in a spoke to each school.  We run wired, private WiFi and public WiFi VLANS.  We have been having devices connecting to public WiFi use public DNS servers when we distribute DHCP addresses.  For the past week we have had very poor service.  I have been investigating UDP and TCP floods.  I also removed all protections except Content Filtering from the Firewall, to no avail.  In addition, two of our schools were completely offline yesterday due to power outages.   I am going to be testing circuits with Consolidated later this morning.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on where I should look?

Thanks

John Peters
Director of Technology
North Country Supervisory Union
121 Duchess Ave Suite A
Newport, VT 05855
(802)334-5847 ext 2018

"One person can make a difference and everyone should try." ~ John F. Kennedy