Sounds crazy, but it is also worth double checking that WiFi connectivity is not weak in the place that the testing was happening. I had several devices that did this at our site when they had poor signal strength quality in the classroom being used by the student but then no issues with it when I brought it back to a location with better reception...
Technology Coordinator
Highgate Elementary School
219 Gore Rd.
Highgate Center, VT