We still have teachers using simulations they get off the web as demonstrations.  Some o f them are written in Java, those wouldn't work on a Chromebook.  Then there's the Smartboard issue.  We use PCs unless the teacher can justify a Mac, that's pretty much only the art dept, and one English teacher who teaches TV production.  Even then, I think the justification is pretty flimsy, the adobe creative cloud runs on either PCs or Macs.  To reply to Mark about the cost of Malware protection, though, on Windows 10 we're just using Windows Defender, and use the free version of Malwarebytes to clean up what sneaks past that, which isn't much.  So we don't spend anything on virus protection any more.  Teachers are getting a lot more savvy than they used to be, too.  99% of malware relies on the user getting tricked into doing something stupid, and they're not falling for it at anywhere near the rate they did 5 years ago.